COVID-19 General Information
For a useful COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire, click HERE
COVID-19 Vaccine and Catholic Ethics
From our Bishop John Noonan
- Memo to Bishops of USCCB re: COVID-19 Vaccines from Bishop Rhoads and Archbishop Naumann (November 20)
- “Points to Consider on the Use of COVID Vaccines,” National Catholic Bioethics Center (December 7)
- “Making Sense of Bioethics: COVID-19 Vaccine Myths,” Rev. Tad Pacholczyk, National Catholic Bioethics Center (August 28)
COVID -19 Community information
Osceola County, Florida COVID-19 Leadership Briefing
May 4 - Phase one Opening
Drive-Up Testing for COVID-19
COVID-19 Financial Aid
- City of Kissimmee - Apply for Assistance starting on NOVEMBER 30, 2020
- APPLY FOR LOW INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM THROUGH OSCEOLA COUNCIL ON AGING
- City of Kissimmee housing assistance still available to individuals - September 2020
- Companies are hiring fast to fill openings right now.
- CARES Act Osceola County Emergency Economic Relief Grant Program
- KUA Customer Assistance programs
- Unemployment benefits info - Informe acerca de la asistencia durente el desempleo
- Program launched on October 4th
- St. Cloud job postings - November
- Application Process for Security Deposit, First-Month Rent Assistance Program
- Toho Water Authority is hiring!
COVID-19 Food Aid
Hope Community Center - Hope 192
Food distribution will continue on Wednesdays from 9 am-12 pm (one hour earlier than previous weeks) at 2420 Old Vineland Road. Mail will no longer be available at food distribution on Wednesday, but available for pickup during operating hours at the service center.
All Osceola School District Students Will Eat At No Charge Between September 28 Through December 18, 2020
Spiritual Life during the times of COVID-19
GUIDELINES ON ANOINTING OF THE SICK
“Where the individual faithful find themselves in the painful impossibility of receiving sacramental absolution, it should be remembered that perfect contrition, coming from the love of God, beloved above all things, expressed by a sincere request for forgiveness (that which the penitent is at present able to express) and accompanied by votum confessionis, that is, by the firm resolution to have recourse, as soon as possible, to sacramental confession, obtains forgiveness of sins, even mortal ones (cf. CCC, no. 1452).”
"Donde cada fiel se encuentra en la dolorosa imposibilidad de recibir la absolución sacramental, debe recordarse que la contrición perfecta, procedente del amor de Dios, amado sobre todas las cosas, expresada por una sincera petición de perdón (la que el penitente es actualmente capaz de expresar) y acompañada de votum confessionis, es decir, por el firme propósito de recurrir cuanto antes a la confesión sacramental, obtiene el perdón de los pecados, incluso los mortales (cf. CCC, nº 1452)".